Rangers Football Club manager Steven Gerrard has hammered his team’s defenders after their horror outing against Spartak Moscow on Thursday.The Gers took the lead three times in Moscow, but a woeful second-half display handed them their first UEFA Europa League defeat of the season.The Scottish Premiership club were on a high when first-half strikes from Glenn Middleton, Daniel Candeias and an own-goal from Roman Eremenko gave them a 3-2 advantage.But shocking defensive lapses, especially in the second half, allowed Spartak to seize control for a 4-3 win, as they blew Group G wide open.Gerrard’s side seat third in their group behind Spartak and Villarreal, but host the Spanish club on match day 5 as they look to secure qualification for the second round.However, the former Liverpool youth team coach refused to spare his ropey rear-guard and knows more lamentable defending in their next two group games will cost them any shot at the last 32.Owen reveals why Liverpool didn’t offer Gerrard a new contract Manuel R. Medina – September 6, 2019 According to Owen, the Reds wanted to sell Gerrard two years before he left the club and that’s why they didn’t offer him a contract renewal.He said, according to Express: “I’m very disappointed with the result. You saw two sides of our performance tonight. We attacked very well and were dangerous and countered bravely. We got our rewards and had control at half-time.“However, football is about levels and if you don’t do the basics well enough and defend properly, then high-level teams will normally punish you and that was the case here.“People who have had a lot of praise and who did really well to get us to this stage just didn’t do the basics well enough.“Normally, to come here and score three goals you get a result, but I’m bitterly disappointed with how we defended.”
Wales manager Ryan Giggs has criticized his side for their complacency after they lost 1-0 to Albania on Tuesday.Wales end 2018 with back-to-back defeats as lost 1-0 to Albania in a friendly on Tuesday thanks to a controversial second-half penalty, and Giggs after the game admitted the players lacked concentration.“The performance was not good enough and the result was what we deserved,” Giggs told Sky Sports.“We controlled the first half and thought it was going to be easy. We should have won that game, we were in total control.Report: Euro 2020 qualifying Group H George Patchias – September 11, 2019 Euro 2020 qualifying Group H is being controlled by France and Turkey, but Iceland is still in with a shout.Reigning world champions France ran…“But they let themselves down tonight. We go a goal down, we don’t play our own game, we are pumping the ball in their box.“Quite simply we turned up thinking we would win and thinking someone would get us out of trouble.“I have been in football long enough to smell when something is going to happen and I said that at half-time because players didn’t have that concentration tonight.”
Brazils World Cup stadium in Natal is up for sale as the company that owns it is suffering from cash flow problems following a corruption scandal.Natals Dunas arena is being sold by owner Grupo OAS, with the company also trying to sell the 50% share it owns of the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador.The company has struggled for months with the impact of a corruption investigation at state-controlled oil company Petrobras, which undercut the builders access to financing.An economic downturn, government austerity and a slumping currency has also taken its toll, leading to Grupo OAS to announce it is selling its stakes in football venues and other businesses to focus on the core construction business.OAS spent $187m (£126.2m) on completely rebuilding the old Fonte Nova arena in Salvador and $134m on the new Dunas arena. The Fonte Nova hosted six games in the 2014 tournament and the Dunas arena four.The announcement was the latest in a string of bad news for Brazilian football post-World Cup.Earlier this week Esporte Club Bahia, one of the biggest clubs in Salvador, said they were abandoning plans to use the Fonte Nova because they felt the owners did not respect their fans. Close
Alvaro ‘Al’ Ortiz/Houston Public MediaThe Houston City Council has approved an agreement with Harris County that will allow its Flood Control District to buy out several houses that got flooded during the Memorial Day flood of 2015.The Houston City Council approved Wednesday an agreement with the Harris County Flood Control District to provide it with up to $10.6 million in federal funding it has at its disposal so that the District buys out about 57 houses that were flooded during the Memorial Day flood of 2015.The homes are located in the neighborhoods of Braeburn Glen, Glenburnie and Cashiola, and Langwood.According to the City, these neighborhoods are low and moderate-income areas.The buyouts will be voluntary and, after the houses are demolished or removed, the properties could be repurposed as parks, gardens and playing fields.Additionally, the goal of the buyouts is to restore the floodplains to their natural function for stormwater storage.Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner talked about the agreement with the County after the City Council’s meeting and said that “there are thousands more homes that are subject to buyouts.”“We need to do it, handle it,” added Turner “in a very strategic fashion, and we need to kind of factor in all of the strategies that will be required to make the city more resilient.” Share
via Japantrends Explore further More information: Citation: Panasonic releases wireless solar charging table (2011, May 23) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2011-05-panasonic-wireless-solar-table.html This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. (PhysOrg.com) — Most of us forget how much our cell phones are a part of the day-to-day of our lives until we don’t have access to them. I’m not just talking about when you leave it at home, in a callous act of irresponsibility. An event as simple as a dead battery can mean that you miss an important call that creates ripples in your whole week. © 2010 PhysOrg.com NTT Docomo’s new smartphone features wireless charger So when you are out and your battery suddenly goes to red what are you going to do about it? Unless you happen to have an outlet in your pocket, in which case you are probably a robot, you are short on options. Or, at least you used to be. In the near future Panasonic may have a solution to your problem. They were showing off a prototype of a solar-powered inductive charging table at the Retail Tech Expo in Tokyo. The device would be able to wirelessly charge any device with a Qi battery simply by setting the device down on it. This not the first wireless charging station on the market. In 2010 Energizer put out a similar pad that relied on being plugged in to a power source. Various companies have created solar chargers for mobile devices, though most of these have been too unwieldy or too expensive to become popular. Panasonic is the first company to date to combine the two ideas and create a wireless solar charger. Panasonic did mention that these units would be on sale by the end of this year in Japan. No word has been given yet on when this device will be on sale in the United States.
15Jan MacMaster named ‘Legislator of the Year’ Categories: News,Photos State Rep. Greg MacMaster, center, was recently presented the Michigan Nursery and Landscape Association’s first ever “Legislator of the Year” award by the association’s executive director, Amy Frankmann, and Matt Smego of Michigan Farm Bureau.The Michigan Nursery and Landscape Association (MNLA) named Rep. Greg MacMaster as its first ever Legislator of the Year.The 105th House District lawmaker was recognized for his work on House Bill 5228, which the governor signed as Public Act 231 of 2012. The law changed Michigan trucking regulations for small business trucking and trailer combinations.“Through his efforts, Rep. MacMaster revolutionized Michigan’s Green Industry by correcting a bad law that was costing our family-owned businesses a great deal of time, money, and aggravation,” said Amy Frankmann, MNLA executive director. “The changes that he enacted have already resulted in our members investing the dollars that they would have spent trying to comply with this faulty law, back into their firms by hiring additional employees and purchasing needed equipment and supplies.”The law exempts Michigan companies and operators with eligible vehicles from:Annual and ‘spot’ traffic stop inspections;Federal registration and the display of USDOT numbers;Maintenance of operator log books and other miscellaneous records; and,Minimum bonding requirements.MNLA highlighted three reasons for MacMaster’s recognition: HB 5228 passed both the House and the Senate by unanimous votes; the law was enacted during MNLA’s 90th anniversary year of representing Michigan’s Green Industry; and MacMaster is the first legislator to receive the MNLA’s award.“I am honored to receive this award from the nursery and landscape professionals, especially since it’s their first one in almost 100 years,” said MacMaster, R-Kewadin. “Removing the red tape and obstacles that can hamper small business operations has been part of reinvigorating Michigan, and I’m glad to have been able to help our Green Industry be part of the state’s rebound.”The Michigan Nursery and Landscape Association, established in 1922, represents over 8,000 licensed Green Industry firms that comprise Michigan’s largest specialty crop and contributes $5.715 billion to the state economy.
playpause Categories: Audio,News – 0:00:00 / 0:00:00Update RequiredTo play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin. 12Jun Legislative Update for June 12, 2014 House Republicans look at the state’s 2015 Fiscal Year budget as it passes through the House. Legislative Update for June 12, 2014 [ 2:54 ] Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (143)
Deutsche Telekom has committed to create 2.5 million new WiFi hotspots in Germany by 2016 as part of a large-scale global plan to give Telekom customers wider access to wireless broadband.The telco has teamed up with Fon to deliver a WLAN to Go service whereby users who share their home WiFi with other users are granted access to millions of hotspots worldwide and free of charge.“The partnership with Fon fits perfectly with Telekom’s network expansion strategy. The astonishing increase in data traffic calls for network optimisation and expansion, as well as the implementation of new high-speed networks. By the year 2016, we want to set up more than 2.5 million additional hotspots in Germany with the WLAN to Go offering. With our technology mix of mobile communication, fixed lines and WiFi, we can gradually introduce our customers to the benefits of Internet access anywhere and anytime,” said René Obermann, CEO of Deutsche Telekom.