A car was seized in Letterkenny last week with a series of violations. Gardaí detected the car on Friday evening when they discovered neither the driver or passenger were wearing a seatbelt.Upon further inspection of the vehicle, Gardaí found that the motorist had no tax and no insurance. A small quantity of cannabis was also found.The car was seized and the driver is set to face a prosecution for the road violations – with a fixed charge penalty notice also issued.Gardaí shared details of the incident on social media this morning with a warning: “It is so important to wear your seatbelt whether you are driving or in a car as a passenger. Always ensure that your car has valid insurance and Tax/NCT before using it in a public place.”Letterkenny driver caught with no tax, no insurance and quantity of cannabis was last modified: September 9th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Nicole Beck was an obvious choice as captain of the NSWCHS women’s team. A couple of months ago Beck got the call up to the National Women’s Open Squad and watching her play here at this tournament, it is not hard to see why. Getting the call up was something which she had dreamed of, and was not expecting it at all. Beck thought she hadn’t made the squad after missing out the initial on selection. “I was heaps shocked, but heaps happy too,” said Beck.Her talent shines here at this tournament, with skills that others are only just aiming to accomplish. But she believes that it is her commitment and determination in wanting to win that is her best attribute. “It’s my competitiveness, I hate to lose,” Beck said.Although Beck is not currently a part of the Australian Team to compete in the World Cup in South Africa next year, she is aiming to be a part of the following World Cup and will continue to strive for that goal. “I am just looking to keep learning and improving and hopefully in the future make the team,” Beck said. Beck’s message for the 750 athletes competing here this week who are looking to further their Touch career, is “keep going, set your goals high and keep your head up.”“I live by the motto: shoot for the moon because even if you miss at least you’ll land among the stars.”Influencing Beck’s Touch style is playing with and learning from players like Rachel Holden, and coaches like Tracey Bills. “I have been coached by Tracey Bills for about seven years and I have learnt a lot from her, actually almost everything,” Beck said.Beck’s NSWCHS team is now into the grand final against QSST and is hoping to repeat last year’s efforts, taking the title of under 18’s National Champions.
Tottenham boss Pochettino ‘worried’ about Kane injuryby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveTottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino was hit by a double injury blow along with defeat to Manchester United on Sunday.Pochettino admitted he is “worried” about the extent of Harry Kane’s ankle injury he picked up at the end of their defeat.Moussa Sissoko was also injured on a damaging afternoon for Spurs, whose title ambitions all-but died.”I think I am worried because we will see what happens with Harry Kane,” Pochettino said.”I think Moussa is only a small thing but we will see, we need to assess Harry Kane.”At the end I think he suffered a big tackle and twisted his ankle and now we need to assess him over the next few days, hoping it is not a big issue.”Sissoko was forced off with a groin injury.”No it was groin, a small thing in his groin. Let’s hope it is not a big issue too,” Pochettino added. About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Man Utd legend Neville: Contract will help De Gea settleby Freddie Taylora month agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United legend Gary Neville says a new contract could see David De Gea return to form.The Spaniard hasn’t been himself this season, but Neville says a new deal until 2023 could settle the 28-year-old.Neville told Sky Sports: “De Gea has had a difficult time in the Premier League and he’s had difficulties at home where he’s lost his place in the national team. I don’t think he’s fully recovered from the poor World Cup in 2018, and he’s made more mistakes in the last 15 months than ever before.”But I’ve got to believe that this is good news and hope that what’s happened in the last 12 to 15 months has been a result of the ongoing speculation. The hope is that now he’s signed, he can settle down and start performing.”United need a spine. They had eight academy players in the squad on Saturday, but their problem isn’t the academy. The problem is that they haven’t got a strong, dominant spine, but De Gea can be the start of that.”
Man Utd will hand Solskjaer January fundsby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will have money to spend in January.The Daily Mail says United put the Norwegian in charge of a rebuilding process when he was appointed full-time in March and accept that it will take time for him to turn the club’s fortunes around.They will back Solskjaer in the January transfer window if he wants to strengthen his squad again after spending nearly £150million this summer on Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Dan James. In particular, United are in need of a striker, having allowed Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez to leave without signing a replacement.The decision has backfired after Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial were injured, while teenage prospect Mason Greenwood missed the West Ham game with tonsillitis. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Twitter/@zzLIAMzz11Update: ESPN’s Brett McMurphy has more from Fisher on Golson:Jimbo Fisher: “I’m not making the decision (Golson is). (If he picks FSU) then we’ll talk & go through it”— Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) May 12, 2015Jimbo Fisher on Everett Golson meeting: “We never (promise) a guy he’ll be the starter”— Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) May 12, 2015Earlier: Earlier today, news came out that former Notre Dame quarterback Everett Golson is visiting Florida today. Yesterday, Golson was at Florida State, and Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher has confirmed that he has spoken to Golson and is interested in bringing him into the program.Jimbo Fisher met w/Everett Golson Monday. “We’re negotiating. He’s a great young man.”— Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) May 12, 2015We’re not sure what he means by “negotiating,” but Fisher has experience coaching against Golson. Last year, Golson very nearly won a dramatic last second game in Tallahassee. If he plays for the ‘Noles this season, it certainly adds a major wrinkle to the ACC in 2015.
WASHINGTON — House and Senate negotiators have reached a deal on the multibillion-dollar farm bill after months of contentious talks.The tentative deal scraps a plan backed by House Republicans and President Donald Trump that would have added new work requirements for some food stamp recipients. Lawmakers expect to vote on the bill next week.Democrats and many Senate Republicans opposed the work requirements, the biggest stumbling block holding up an agreement. The impasse threatened to scuttle a bipartisan bill that sets federal agricultural and food policy for five years and provides more than $400 billion in farm subsidies, conservation programs and food aid for the poor.In a statement Thursday, House and Senate agriculture committee leaders say they have reached agreement but are working to finalize the bill’s language and costs.Matthew Daly And Juliet Linderman, The Associated Press
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – A tentative agreement has been reached with K-12 support workers in School District 60 on June 19 following a two-day session.CUPE 4653 President, Maureen Hummel, says it was a productive bargaining session.She also says she is proud of the Union’s bargaining team to ensure that no one was left behind when reaching any agreements. “It was a productive bargaining session with professionalism and respect shown on both sides. I am extremely proud of our bargaining team for their dedication and passion as they worked to make sure that ‘no one was left behind’.”The current K-12 agreement expires on June 30, 2019 and once the new agreement is ratified, the provincial agreement will be in effect from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2022.Further details of the tentative agreement will not be available until after ratification by all parties. Ratification is expected to be completed by the end of June.CUPE 4653 represents more than 500 members who provide services in Fort St. John and the surrounding communities within the North Peace.For more information about CUPE members working in K-12, you can visit bcschools.cupe.ca.
Mumbai: Just days after reports emerged that a fanatic fan of Varun Dhawan threatened his ladylove Natasha Dalal, the actor said his near and dear ones should not be paying a price due to his celebrity status. There has been a buzz that a female fan waited for hours to meet Varun outside his residence. Since the actor was busy, he did not step out, and that made the fan so angry that she started misbehaving and uttered: “I will kill Natasha”. According to reports, when the girl refused to leave, security officials informed the local police station. Asked about the incident, Varun said: “The police has got involved in the matter, so I will refrain from speaking on the incident. Keeping that aside, I am generally saying that it is a wrong thing. My loved ones should not have to pay any price because of my celebrity status.”
Kolkata: Bidhannagar Police seized about Rs 22 lakh during naka checking at Lake Town on Monday night and on Tuesday afternoon at Haldiram bus stop. Three men and a woman were detained in connection with the Lake Town case and one person has been detained at the Haldiram bus stop.According to the police, on Monday night, around 10 pm police personnel from Lake Town police station were on naka checking duty. They were also checking if people were driving in an inebriated state. During the process, a few police personnel spotted a sedan bearing a Delhi registration number. On suspicion police stopped the car and questioned the driver. While talking with the driver and the passengers, police personnel felt they had consumed alcohol. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaImmediately, the driver was told to step out of the car. After conducted the alcohol test on the driver it was found that the alcohol level in his blood was above the permissible level, which is 30 milligram per 100 ml blood. Following the alcohol test, the officers asked the driver to open the boot of the car. The police found a few bags in the car boot. Cops immediately started checking the bags. During checking they found that the bags were stashed with money. All the four passengers, including the driver, have been detained. The car was taken to the Lake Town police station. The driver has been prosecuted under the 185 Motor vehicles (MV) Act (driving by a drunken person or by a person under the influence of drugs). Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayAfter that all four of them were questioned about the source of the money. As they could not substantiate the source and destination along with purpose of the money, the money has been seized. The cash seized by the cops is about Rs 4 lakh. The driver was bailed out and other three were freed. On Tuesday afternoon, around 12:30pm, during naka checking police personnel intercepted a luxurious car. During the checking Rs 12.5 lakh was found inside the car. Immediately, the owner of the vehicle along with the car was taken to the Baguiati police station. Later during a thorough search Rs 5 lakh more were found from inside the car. The money has been seized along with the car. Later, police informed the returning officers of the concerned Lok Sabha constituency about the money. Sources informed that the returning officer may summon the carriers of the unaccounted money to submit an explanation. If the returning officer is satisfied with the reply then the money would be returned otherwise it will be confiscated.